Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wake On Up from Your Slumber

Have you ever experienced a chapter in your life where you feel like you're asleep? I have. I am right now. I am physically awake, but do not feel alive. My heart beats and my mind wonders, but my soul thirsts for something more. Slumber, Needtobreathe's latest single, basically sums up this chapter in my life. I do not remember how I came to be in this mindset, but what I do know is that it has been a long, drawn-out process to get to where I am right now. Spring 2011 was a very challenging and stretching semester. My body yearned for a break, but I continued with two more classes in June. My body was in Belton, but my heart was in Plano. I desired to be home. With all this being said, I have been asleep for a long time now. I notice that I no longer experience feelings the way I once did. I spend my days simply going through the motions. Why? I do not know. I do, however, know that I am ready to be out of this rut. I am ready to live. I am ready to experience life again.

Needtobreathe writes lyrics that perfectly explicit the way I think and feel right now.

Days; they force you back under those covers, lazy mornings; they multiply,

We all experience days in which we don't feel like getting out of bed. We just want to be lazy. But the Lord does not call for us to stay in bed all day. He commands us to "go and make disciples of all nations." (Matt. 28:16-20)

Glory's waiting outside your windows.

The Lord shall be glorified through all things. All we have to do is open our eyes. There is an entire universe waiting for us to do so, a world that so desperately needs change and redemption. Apathy is no longer an answer. It is our responsibility as Christians to step up a take charge. I'm not saying it's not acceptable to have a bad day every once and a while, but the world needs hope. The world needs leadership. The world needs change.

Tongues are violent, personal and focused, hard to be with your steady mind, arts are stronger then to broken.

People are mean. They are cold and find satisfaction in bringing others down. Instead of fighting back, turn the other cheek. The Lord never intended for His children to bring redemption to each person who brings down others. Leave that responsibility to the Lord.

All these victims stand in line for, crumbs that fall from the table just enough to get by, all the while your invitation.

People are constantly in search of some sort of hope just to make it through each day. One day at a time.

The answer is simple: Jesus Christ. He is our hope, our rock, our firm foundation. He calls us to wake up from your slumber and live life to the fullest, bringing Him glory in everything we do.

Be blessed.





No comments:

Post a Comment